Last Updated: December 15, 2023
The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® family of brands recognizes and respects the importance of maintaining the privacy of our customers, registered members, gift recipients, business contacts and other users (each of which may be referred to, individually and where applicable, as "you"), and has established this privacy notice ("Privacy Notice") as a result. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you of:
- the information, including personal information, we may collect about you when you visit our Website (as defined below), view or otherwise interact with our emails, place orders, provide product reviews, chat with our virtual gifting assistants, submit website feedback, participate in sweepstakes and promotions, engage with other interactive features of our Website, receive orders, use our mobile applications, place orders through social media applications (such as our Facebook App), use our e-Gifting Service, visit our physical facilities and events, or otherwise interact with us via telephone, text (SMS, MMS), online chat, email, social media, fax, mail, or courier service (collectively, our "Service");
- why we gather information about you;
- how we collect it;
- how we use it (including with whom we may share it);
- how we secure your personal information; and
- the choices you may have regarding the personal information we have collected about you.
This Privacy Notice does not cover information you provide to our independently owned and operated franchised retail stores. This Privacy Notice also does not cover personal information that we collect about employees, job applicants, and contractors relative to their employment or engagement with us.
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, except as noted below and unless you are explicitly notified otherwise, the Company is the controller of your personal information, and where the processing of personal information is also undertaken by our Affiliates with whom you engage, the applicable Affiliate(s) are joint controllers with the Company for your personal information. Joint controllers are all responsible for deciding how your personal information is held and used.
You must be 18 years or older and the age of majority in your place of residence to use, subscribe to, or register for the Service as a member (or 21 years or older in the event that you place a request for transmission of an order for a product containing alcohol). The Service is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose personal information from or about children. If you are a parent or guardian of a child and become aware that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us as described in this Privacy Notice.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
The Company is committed to making our Website's content accessible and user friendly to everyone. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating the content on the Website, or notice any content, feature, or functionality that you believe is not fully accessible to people with disabilities, please call us at 1-800-356-9377 or email our team at Accessibility@1800flowers.com with "Disabled Access" in the subject line and provide a description of the specific feature you feel is not fully accessible or a suggestion for improvement. We take your feedback seriously and will consider it as we evaluate ways to accommodate all of our customers and our overall accessibility policies. Additionally, while we do not control such vendors, we strongly encourage vendors of third-party digital content to provide content that is accessible and user friendly.
WHY WE GATHER INFORMATION
For individuals subject to the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union ("EU") or the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ("UK"), our processing of your personal information is justified on the following legal bases:
- the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation;
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using applicable data to conduct and develop our business activities; or
- you have consented to the processing.
This Privacy Notice applies to all visitors, including EU and UK residents. Additional information on our privacy practices with respect to EU and UK residents, and the rights that may be available to you as an EU or UK resident, can be viewed here.
WHAT INFORMATION WE GATHER
Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect some or all of the following categories of information:
- Contact and other personal information: your name, address, postal code, telephone number, email address, user ID and contact information, as well as gender and birth date, if you choose or are otherwise required to enter such information, and interests,
- Billing information: credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, alternate or additional billing information and billing address,
- Purchase information: products purchased and occasion type and date (for example, particular holidays or anniversaries), and any promotion or gift card code and related information (for example, if you are claiming frequent flyer miles or using an affiliate code or link),
- Gift-related information: gift recipients' names, addresses, telephone numbers, birthdates and email addresses, and the gift messages you include,
- Device information about the devices you use to access our Service (including mobile devices), platform information, user identification number and general device location,
- Application information - including which of your applications are used, how your applications are used and the duration of use of your applications,
- Network information –including IP address, network carrier and country code, browsing information, such as how you interact with the Service, and
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
A. In general.
We collect your information when you:
- visit our Website and/or use our Service,
- view or otherwise interact with our emails,
- place an order or receive a gift,
- participate in our Celebrations Passport® loyalty program,
- participate in our forums, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, content submissions, interactive Website features, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, live events, requests for suggestions, requests for reviews and user-generated content, and membership registrations,
- seek assistance from our customer service team through email, telephone, automated and live chat sessions, or any other channels,
- visit our facilities and events,
- request a catalog or other information, and
- engage in other activities, services, products and resources we make accessible to you.
The information may be provided directly to us by you, such as when placing an order or participating in a survey, or, as is true of most websites, we gather certain device and usage information automatically. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, device information, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream or other session data that may be recorded as you interact with our Website or mobile applications, to analyze trends and administer the Website. This information may be collected by us even if an order, registration, or other process is started but not completed or is otherwise cancelled.
We may also gather information about you from third parties, such as social media sites, data co-ops, and commercial data providers.
B. How we use "Cookies" and "Action Tags."
We have relationships with third parties who may collect or receive information directly from the cookies placed by our Service on your computer to assist in analyzing our business and customers, and to give credit to other sites that direct traffic to our Website for marketing purposes.
Our Service may also use a web technology called "action tags" (also called single pixel gifs, web beacons, local storage objects, and local shared objects) to track email interaction, purchase, Service usage and other web activity information. Action tags may be used to provide data to third parties for tracking purposes. In addition, third parties may set their own cookies and tags through our Service (such as through targeted advertising, described below). We do not control such third parties or their privacy practices. If you do not want third parties to be able to use such methods, you can modify your browser settings relating to cookies or exercise choices that we offer as set forth below.
C. Targeted Advertising.
1. Our Services. We collect or allow other companies to collect data for use in targeted advertising when you use our Service. Other companies may serve targeted advertisements on our Service. We use as a guide the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as administered by the.
2. Other Services. Advertisements for our products and services may appear on third party websites around the Internet. Some websites and services deliver these advertisements based upon data that has been previously collected about your past behavior on our Services and across different websites and services. For example, if you have viewed websites about gift baskets, these websites or services may display to you an advertisement for our gift baskets. This activity is called targeted advertising (also called interest-based or cross-context behavioral advertising). We do not control such third-party advertising services or the websites or services on which these advertisements appear. Further, we do not control how they collect and use data about your online activities.
3. Choice for Targeted Advertising. You may opt-out of having data collected, used, or transferred for targeted advertising by certain companies listed at: https://optout.aboutads.info/ OR https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ and you may also learn more about targeted advertising at such websites. If you opt-out, you will still receive generic advertisements, but they will not be based upon your behavioral data possessed by the companies from whom you have opted-out. This process relies upon an opt-out cookie for each browser and each device, so if you delete your cookies or use a different computer, you will have to repeat this process.
D. Mobile Push Notifications.
As a user who has downloaded our Company's mobile application(s), we may from time to time send you push notifications to your device to communicate with you and advise you of current offers and promotions. To ensure that you receive timely notification of such communications and promotions, we need to collect certain information from your device as indicated above. If at any time you do not wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off on your device.
E. Digital Analytics.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Company's mobile application(s) on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and the source from which the application was downloaded. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Website and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes, subject to their privacy policies. We use third party analytics such as Google Analytics to gather and analyze aggregated anonymous user information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google's collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Sites by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
F. From Other Businesses Who Ask Us to Process Your Information
On occasion, our Company and Affiliates may operate as a data processor of your personal information rather than a controller. For example, our corporate gifting program and our Smartgift e-gifting service enable companies to send gifts to their employees, clients, or other persons, which involves the provision of certain elements of personal information. We then process this information in order to send gifts to those persons. In situations like this, when we act as a processor, the privacy statement of the relevant controller and our agreements with any businesses or entities who use these programs will govern our processing of the applicable personal information.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information we process and collect for any lawful commercial or business purpose, such as to communicate with you, to process orders, to improve our products and services (such as by responding to your feedback), to conduct research (such as statistics on favorite -- i.e., most ordered -- products), to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience (for instance, to provide event reminders, such as birthdays and milestone events), to inform you and your gift recipients of offers and discounts from the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM® family of brands and Company Affiliates, and to enable you to receive credits for purchases under loyalty or buying programs that you have joined.
We may also use your information, as necessary or appropriate in our view, to operate the Service, to respond to your inquiries, to process orders or registrations, to conduct promotions, contests, and sweepstakes in which you participate, to protect the Service, the Company, and others, and to prevent fraud, theft, and misconduct.
We may combine information we receive about you via our Service with information from our Affiliates and third parties. We use the combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us (for example, by keeping your profile up-to-date) and to communicate with you in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We may also use your personal information as indicated at the time of collection or with your consent (where required by applicable law).
In addition, as provided below, the Company may use or share your data with both affiliated and unrelated third parties, for the purposes so identified. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may use and share deidentified data without limitation, in which case we maintain and use such data only in deidentified form—we do not attempt to reidentify such data except as needed to determine that the data is appropriately deidentified.
A. Affiliate Data Sharing.
We may provide your information to our Affiliates for use in connection with their businesses, including sending you offers and promotions. They are required to comply with this Privacy Notice. The following categories of information may be shared among our Affiliates:
- Contact and other personal information: your name, address, telephone number, email address, user ID and contact information, social media user names, as well as gender and birth date, if you choose, or are otherwise required to enter such information, and interests,
- Billing information: credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, alternate or additional billing information and billing address,
- Purchase information: products purchased and occasion type and date (for example, particular holidays, or anniversaries), any promotion or gift card code and related information (for example, if you are claiming frequent flyer miles),